Paul is an experienced Queen’s Counsel who specialises in commercial and public law litigation.
Paul’s experience includes conducting:
- public law, judicial review and constitutional law proceedings and providing advice for a range of bodies including Government Departments, Crown entities, statutory corporations and tribunals, local authorities, Pacific Island Governments, primary sector organisations, iwi organisations, health providers, telecommunications companies, oil and gas companies and agricultural research companies;
- competition law litigation for a government regulator telecommunications companies, oil and gas companies, health providers, pharmaceutical companies and primary sector companies;
- contract and tort (negligence, misfeasance and defamation) proceedings;
- proceedings seeking equitable relief for public and private sector entities;
- finance related litigation for banks, financial institutions and receivers;
- arbitration proceedings for government departments and commercial entities;
- resource management and environmental litigation from local authority to Court of Appeal levels for property companies, oil and gas companies, telecommunications companies, iwi organisations and statutory corporations; and
- the prosecution of professional misconduct proceedings for regulatory authorities and acting as legal assessor for several bodies including the Takeovers Panel and the New Zealand Institute of Chartered Accountants Disciplinary Tribunal.
- Treaty of Waitangi proceedings for the Crown and for iwi organisations in the Waitangi Tribunal, the Maori Land Court, the High Court and the Court of Appeal.
Paul has represented government departments, public sector organisations and corporate entities in Royal commissions of inquiry and in government inquiries.
In addition to his role with the New Zealand Bar Association, Paul is Chair of the Legal Aid Performance Review Committee, an immediate past board member of the Institute of Judicial Studies and a past Chair of the New Zealand Law Society’s Continuing Legal Education Committee.
Paul joined the bar in 2012, having been a litigation partner with Izard Weston, Bell Gully and Minter Ellison Rudd Watts. He has been recognised as a leading litigation lawyer for successive years in Chambers Global and was appointed Queen’s Counsel in 2014.
Contact Paul Radich
Level 1 Solnet House
70 The Terrace
Phone: +64 4 974 5951
Mobile: +64 21 673 777